Sinclair ZX81 PSION SPACE RAIDERS 1982 30th anniversary
Urs
2012-04-16 06:55:51 UTC
For more than 20 years my ZX81 stuff was stored at different places in
my parents attic. Back in 2009 I’ve collected all what I could find.
What I was missing was my Memotech 64K RAM pack and my Tape-Recorder.
I’ve found the empty boxes of them but not the units. My parents had
no clue about the missing parts... :-(

Earlier this year my father asked me "Son, is this your missing tape-
recorder?" Gotcha!

I've had some days off over Easter 2012. As the weather was not
favouring any other outdoor activities than "Singing in the rain" I
took the chance and was rebuilding my ZX81 system including my (newly
found) tape-recorder for the first time since around 1986. It was
quite a task, as out of my four ZX81’s and five 16K RAM packs only one
each remain in working condition. And the tape-recorders head needed a
cleaning job first. Finally I gave a 30 years old tape a go and was
fascinated of the ZX81 again. What followed was a quick grab for my
camera and recording the event to leave a legacy. Enjoy watching
gaming history!

Cheers, Urs
http://www.youtube.com/QLvsJaguar
Sinclair, QL, ATARI, JAGUAR, NUON, APPLE & more...
Videos, pictures & background information
Brian Gaff
2012-04-16 07:08:03 UTC
I can well remember when I upgraded to the Spectum, getting the ZX
slowloader and converting all the basic stuff from the 81 to the Speccy with
added colour and sound etc. Some of those old ICL games were not too bad
when you used colour on them actually.
Brian
--
Brian Gaff - ***@blueyonder.co.uk